Your privacy is important to Acoustic Structures
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Acoustic Structures collects, and the ways in which Acoustic Structures uses that personal information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Acoustic Structures, a trading name of Acoustic Structures Ltd incorporated and registered in England and Wales with the company number 12680924 whose registered office is at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, United Kingdom (Acoustic Structures).
Please read the following carefully to understand Acoustic Structures’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
By visiting www.acousticstructures.co.uk (Website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION Acoustic Structures MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Acoustic Structures may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Acoustic Structures. You may give Acoustic Structures information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with Acoustic Structures by phone, including during telemarketing activities, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Website including creating a profile, enter a competition, promotion or survey or by posting material to the Website, requesting further services and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give Acoustic Structures may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information Acoustic Structures collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, Acoustic Structures may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products, suppliers, profiles and capabilities you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information Acoustic Structures receives from other sources. Acoustic Structures may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Acoustic Structures operates or the other services Acoustic Structures provide. Acoustic Structures may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Acoustic Structures uses the information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give Acoustic Structures. Acoustic Structures will use this information:
- to carry out its obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Acoustic Structures and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Acoustic Structures;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services Acoustic Structures offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with the opportunity to provide feedback to Acoustic Structures;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services Acoustic Structures feel may interest you. If you are an existing member, Acoustic Structures will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new member or visitor to the Website, and where Acoustic Structures permits selected third parties to use your data, Acoustic Structures (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Acoustic Structures to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please inform Acoustic Structures;
- to notify you about changes to Acoustic Structures’s service; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information Acoustic Structures collects about you. Acoustic Structures will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Acoustic Structures’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Acoustic Structures’s efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Acoustic Structures serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information Acoustic Structures receives from other sources. Acoustic Structures may combine this information with information you give to Acoustic Structures and information Acoustic Structures collects about you. Acoustic Structures may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information Acoustic Structures receives).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Acoustic Structures may share your personal information with any member of Acoustic Structures’s group.
Acoustic Structures may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Acoustic Structures enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Acoustic Structures in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- in the event that Acoustic Structures sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Acoustic Structures may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Acoustic Structures or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members or visitors will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Acoustic Structures, its members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE Acoustic Structures STORES PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Acoustic Structures will do its best to protect your personal data, Acoustic Structures cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once Acoustic Structures has received your information, Acoustic Structures will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask Acoustic Structures not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Acoustic Structures will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if Acoustic Structures intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by informing Acoustic Structures in writing. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Acoustic Structures at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Acoustic Structures’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Acoustic Structures does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Acoustic Structures may provide the option for you to unsubscribe from e-mails you receive from it.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Acoustic Structures’s costs in providing you with details of the information Acoustic Structures holds about you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy and cookies policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com